Vermicelli BakeAs receitas lá de casa
You've no doubt heard of (or even had) rice pudding, but maybe not rice noodle pudding, but that's the best way to think of this dish. Sweet pasta dishes actually have a long tradition in many cuisines, and it's certainly worth giving this version a try. After all, it's pasta, so there's that, plus lots of egg yolks, so it's super rich and custardy, with grated lemon zest adding a bright note.
- 6 egg yolks
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 liter milk
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 pinch salt
- 500 grams vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1Beat egg yolks and sugar.
- 2Place egg yolk mixture, milk and lemon zest in a saucepan and mix well.
- 3Bring to boil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 4Heat plenty of water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 5Season with a pinch of salt and add vermicelli while breaking into smaller pieces with hands.
- 6Cook vermicelli according to package instructions. Drain in a colander and quickly rinse with cold water.
- 7Add vermicelli and margarine to milk mixture and cook until slightly thickened.
- 8Pour noodles into a deep dish and let cool. Garnish with cinnamon to taste.