Verbena Shortbread to accompany Strawberry/Raspberry WoodOn dine chez Nanou
Shortbread is a rich and decadent dry cookie that is great to serve with coffee or tea. This recipe for Verbena Shortbread is tasty and perfect paired with a strawberry and raspberry gelatin. Whether it is for a party, book club, or you just want something sweet, these shortbread cookies will surprise. We are sure these sweet treats will be the talk of the event, and you will be the star.
- 2 egg yolks
- 80 grams sugar (fine)
- 80 salted butter (gramssoftened)
- 120 grams flour
- 4 grams baking powder
- 8 verbena (leaves)
- low-fat milk (25 cl.)
- cream (25 cl.)
- 1 vanilla beans
- 3 egg yolks
- 60 grams granulated sugar
- 2 gelatin sheet (for a fairly firm texture)
- 1Preheat oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until mixture whitens.
- 3Stir in the butter, then the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add verbena leaves cut into small pieces. Mix.
- 4Roll out the dough to 5 millimeters thick.
- 5Cut with small pastry rings, and place in pastry rings so they do not distort during cooking.
- 6Place on a silicone sheet on a baking tray. Let stand 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes at 340 F.
- 8In a bowl, beat the eggs yolks and sugar. Set aside.
- 9In a saucepan, boil the milk and the cream with the vanilla pod split lengthwise.
- 10Remove from heat and cover so that the vanilla infuses .
- 11Cover for 10 minutes.
- 12Scrape the inside of the vanilla bean with the tip of a knife. Warm up the milk.
- 13Add the hot liquid to the egg and sugar mixture.
- 14Stir and pour in the pan, thicken over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 15Remove from heat.
- 16Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water.
- 17Wring out, and add them to the hot cream, stir to completely metl gelatin.
- 18Pour into ramekins; cool at room temperature, then refrigerate.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.