A unique and decadent pie, this recipe for Venus Pie is sure to impress. The crust is entirely unique in that it has a rich dark color owing to the use of black rice flour in the pie dough. The pie is filled with a layer of blueberry jam topped with a homemade goat cheese cream that is lightly flavored with rose water, see the recipe for instructions. Prepare the pie dough the night before and refrigerate overnight for best results.
- 125 grams rice flour (Venere black)
- 125 grams flour
- 200 grams salted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- water (or milk, as needed)
- 250 grams fresh goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- blueberry jam (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- To prepare the pie crust, combine the two types of flour in a bowl with the powdered sugar and the butter, use the tips of your fingers to mix the ingredients into an oatmeal-like consistency.
- Add the egg yolks and continue kneading, if necessary add some water or milk.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes, overnight is recommended.
- To prepare the filling, put the goat cheese through a sieve and place it in a bowl, add the sugar, the egg, and the rose water.
- Mix quickly and refrigerate.
- To complete the pie, divide the dough into two parts, one larger than the other.
- Butter and flour a pie plate or line it with parchment paper.
- Roll out the larger piece of dough and line the pie plate.
- Make holes in the pie crust with a fork.
- Add a generous layer of blueberry jam and then the goat cheese cream.
- Roll out the second piece of dough and cover the filling, sealing the edges closed by pinching the sheet together.
- Place a few pieces of butter on the pie and sprinkle it with granulated sugar.
- Bake the pie at 180C for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1130Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE*|