- 5 tablespoons rosemary needles (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns (coarsely chopped)
- 3 1/3 pounds venison (saddle)
- 1/3 pound bacon (sliced)
- 4 onions (peeled and sliced)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- 2/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 2/3 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 head broccoli (cut into florets)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix the rosemary and black pepper together then rub into the venison. Lay the bacon slices on top of the venison then place in a roasting pan. Scatter the onions around the meat and roast for 25 mins. Pour the red wine and 1/2 cup hot water over the venison then return to the oven for another 10-15 mins. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- For the sauce, strain the pan juices into a clean saucepan. Add the stock and simmer for 4-5 mins. Mix the cream and cornstarch together until smooth then add to the gravy and simmer, stirring, for 2-3 mins until the sauce thickens. Add the sugar and season.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in salted boiling water for 4-5 mins, until just tender. Drain.
- To serve, slice the venison then place on serving plates with the broccoli. Sprinkle the almonds over the broccoli and serve the gravy on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Deer Meat StewFoodista
Instant Pot Venison Tips in Mushroom Gravy (Gluten Free)Mississippi Kitchen
Venison Gravy & Biscuits #SundaySupperA Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
Best ChiliBig Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies
Super Moist Roasted TurkeyHellmann's
Chuck's Venison ChiliSweet Love -and- Ginger
Drunk Deer ChiliAllRecipes
Slow Cooker Drunken Irish StewSumptuous Spoonfuls
Venison Salisbury SteakKaryl's Kulinary Krusade
Slow Cooker Venison Steaks In Mushroom GravyCDKitchen
Pappardelle with Amazing Slow Cooked MeatLeite's Culinaria
Crock Pot Deer MeatFoodista
Tenderloin of Venison with Blackberry SauceRufus' Food and Spirits Guide
Venison in Red Wine, Slow CookerThyme For Cooking Blog
Slow Cooked Teriyaki VenisonAllRecipes
Venison Gravy & Biscuits #SundaySupperAliceMizer
Chicken Fried Venisoncookingwithk.net
Venison Backstrap with Cumberland SauceHunter, Angler, Gardener, Cook
Venison ChiliHunter, Angler, Gardener, Cook