- mashed potatoes (Garlic)
- 6 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 1/2 ounces potatoes (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces venison steaks
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves (picked)
- 1 red onion (small, peeled, finely chopped)
- 2 1/2 ounces redcurrants (frozen)
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter (cubed, chilled)
- green beans
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For the mashed potatoes, place garlic cloves on a piece of foil. Coat in olive oil then scrunch into a parcel and bake for 20 mins. Let cool. Meanwhile, cook potatoes in salted boiling water for 20 mins, until tender. Drain. Discard roasted garlic skins and add to potatoes. Add butter and milk and mash until smooth. Keep warm.
- For the venison, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Season venison steaks then cook for 2 mins per side, until lightly browned. Transfer to a roasting pan and sprinkle with thyme. Roast for 20-30 mins, or until cooked to your liking.
- Add remaining oil to frying pan. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 mins, until soft. Increase heat, add red currants and cook for 2 mins. Add wine and stock. Bring to a boil and cook for 4-5 mins, until slightly thickened. Whisk in butter then remove from heat.
- Serve venison steaks on a bed of mashed potatoes. Spoon sauce over top. Serve with green beans and broccoli.
PER SERVING *
|Calories720Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.