Made from a few budget-friendly ingredients, this simple recipe starts with making yeasted dough. Once it has risen and is kneaded, it's rolled out and placed on a baking sheet, where it's spread with syrupy chopped cherry filling. After it's topped with a second sheet of dough, the bread is sealed, garnished with cherries and transferred to the oven to bake for 45 minutes. A sprinkle of powdered sugar finishes it off once it has time to cool.
- 250 grams flour
- 250 grams strong flour
- 1/2 packet dry yeast
- 60 grams sugar
- 5 grams salt
- 50 milliliters vegetable oil (or 75 grams melted butter)
- 2 eggs
- 250 milliliters milk (warm)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 70 grams sugar
- 30 grams flour (or cornstarch)
- 240 milliliters milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (powdered)
- Combine both flours, yeast, sugar, salt, oil, eggs, and the vanilla extract, and knead together while gradually adding the milk.
- Let the dough rest for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream and let it cool.
- Divide the dough into 13 parts and shape the dough into rolls (weighing approximately 60 to 65 grams each) and place them, distanced from one another, on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Let the rolls rise in a warm place until they double in size (the oven with the light on is an ideal place).
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Spread some of the cream over the top of the rolls and bake for 15 minutes (or until golden).
- Let the Veneziane cool and fill them with the chocolate cream by using a pastry syringe, and garnish with white chocolate shavings.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in a saucepan, then add the flour and milk.
- Place the saucepan on the stove for the cream to thicken while stirring continuously.
- When the cream is ready, add the chocolate and stir quickly with a whisk.
|Calories870Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.