Veggie and Lentil Burgers with Avocado MashKITCHENAID
Uses KitchenAid® Stand Mixer and…
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Mash 3 avocados, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp salt together in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic, sauté until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in lentils, thyme, salt and pepper. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- Attach KitchenAid® Metal Food Grinder Attachment with medium grinding plate to KitchenAid®Stand Mixer. Position mixer bowl under attachment. Turn mixer to speed 4 and grind 3/4 of the vegetable-lentil mixture. Remove food grinder and attach flat beater and mixer bowl to mixer. Add remaining lentil mixture from skillet, mustard, 1/3 cup cornmeal and oat flour, turn to Stir speed and mix just until blended, about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining cornmeal on parchment lined baking sheet. Shape lentil mixture into six (1/2-inch thick) patties. Place patties on baking sheet and dust with remaining cornmeal. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add patties and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately on buns or in lettuce cups with avocado mash.
|Calories560Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.