This vegetarian lasagna is loaded with veggies,like eggplant, spinach &mushrooms and has a spicy hearty sauce (plus it's super delicious)!
- 2 eggplants (cut lengthwise into about 1/2 inch slices)
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 3/4 tsp. salt (divided)
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper (divided)
- 11 oz. baby spinach (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (divided)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (divided)
- 6 cups fresh mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 3 carrots (diced, on smaller side)
- 1 onion (diced, on smaller side)
- 3 celery (diced, on smaller side)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 bell pepper (diced, on smaller side)
- 2 cans tomato paste (about 156ml cans)
- 2 cans tomatoes (about 796 ml cans)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cottage cheese (or ricotta cheese)
- 1 egg
- 15 pieces lasagna noodles (dried, approximately)
- 5 cups mozzarella (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Brush eggplant with 2 tbsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes on parchment lined baking tray. Remove and lay to one side for later.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot on the stove top on medium low, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil and add 11oz package of baby spinach. Season with 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and 1/8 tsp each of salt and pepper. Cook until just wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and put in colander to drain any excess liquid.
- In same empty pot add 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter and 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Once butter has liquefied, add mushrooms and 1/8 tsp each of salt and pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes until mushrooms are sautéed and some of the moisture is gone. Remove for later use.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories510Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes