A hearty and refreshing broth arises from these delicious and wholesome ingredients. Peas and orzo pasta create a complete protein that will serve as a fulfilling main dish for supper, as well as a good source of leftovers for the next day. As subtl…
garlic undertones awaken your tastebuds, the leeks pay outstanding justice to the rest of the soup by perfectly complenting the other vegetables, transforming these fresh ingredients into a cohesive meal. While the red pepper adds flavor, the end product is quite mild in spice. Perfect for a cool autumn day with a slice of toasted baguette or crostini for dipping.
- 1 onion (small)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 grams red pepper
- 40 grams olive oil
- 1/2 leek
- 1 carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 80 grams zucchini (diced)
- 1 tomato (peeled and chopped)
- 10 grams white wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 150 grams orzo pasta (or similar)
- 80 grams peas
- 450 grams vegetable broth
- low sodium salt
- pepper (to taste)
- parsley (chopped)
- In a food processor, combine the onion, garlic, and pepper. Blend on medium speed for approximately 5 seconds.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat, adding the onion, garlic, and pepper. Cook for approximately five minutes, stirring regularly.
- Lightly grind the carrot, leek, and zucchini together in the food processor and then add it to the cooking onion, garlic, and pepper.
|Calories300Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.