- 1 green cabbage (large, whole)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup green lentils (cooked, 1/2 cup dried lentils)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (3/4 cup dried rice)
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (Split between filling and tomato sauce)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lynn K. 16 Aug
I'm too lazy to roll them. I chopped up and sauteed the cabbage with the onions and then completed the recipe as stated. Everyone had seconds.
Yummly User 13 Mar
Excellent...but I covered it in a quart of Newman's Sockarooni and baked it.
Emily H. 13 Mar
This was delicious and wonderful new dish to add to our vegan rotation.
nadine b. 2 Feb
It turned out well. The only changes I made was to use dried cherries in addition to few dried apricots I had on hand and to increase the amount of sauce. Everyone liked them and I will definitely make them again!
Van Weyden 24 Aug 2017
Not good. The flavors were one-note and dull. The apricot didn't really bring anything to the party... Just tasted like tomato sauce. Also i overcooked the cabbage despite cooking it exactly to the directions. All in all there's just not a lot of flavor for the amount of work that goes into it.
Janet 19 Aug 2017
I liked it not difficult and the apricot adds a nice touch
Nicole 15 Aug 2017
I didn't like this one. The combo of flavours wasnt my favorite.
Bob Cale 12 Aug 2017
It simply tasted great and I'm a big meat eater!