- 1 green cabbage (large, whole)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup green lentils (cooked, 1/2 cup dried lentils)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (3/4 cup dried rice)
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (Split between filling and tomato sauce)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Julie 2 Oct
It was alright, didn't have the rice, so put other vegetables in it. Think the rice would have made it better.
Lynn K. 16 Aug
I'm too lazy to roll them. I chopped up and sauteed the cabbage with the onions and then completed the recipe as stated. Everyone had seconds.
Yummly User 13 Mar
Excellent...but I covered it in a quart of Newman's Sockarooni and baked it.
Emily H. 13 Mar
This was delicious and wonderful new dish to add to our vegan rotation.
nadine b. 2 Feb
It turned out well. The only changes I made was to use dried cherries in addition to few dried apricots I had on hand and to increase the amount of sauce. Everyone liked them and I will definitely make them again!
Van Weyden 24 Aug 2017
Not good. The flavors were one-note and dull. The apricot didn't really bring anything to the party... Just tasted like tomato sauce. Also i overcooked the cabbage despite cooking it exactly to the directions. All in all there's just not a lot of flavor for the amount of work that goes into it.
Janet 19 Aug 2017
I liked it not difficult and the apricot adds a nice touch
Nicole 15 Aug 2017
I didn't like this one. The combo of flavours wasnt my favorite.
Bob Cale 12 Aug 2017
It simply tasted great and I'm a big meat eater!