Vegetarian Pasta RollsOn dine chez Nanou
If you are vegetarian or have a friend who is, then this dish needs to be at the top of your "To Make" list. This delicious recipe for Vegetarian Pasta Rolls packs so much flavor into one dish, your taste buds will be on happiness overload. It combines hearty vegetables, cheeses, herbs and spices for a dish that is so good, even your meat-eating friends will enjoy it. While it may take time to prepare and cook, it will be well worth the wait. Be sure to serve it with your favorite salad and bread for a complete, heart-warming dinner.
- 1 package lasagna sheets (fresh)
- 2 eggplant
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- milk (25 cl.)
- 50 grams parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 jar sun-dried tomato tapenade (or pesto rosso, or dried tomato pesto)
- 1 jar ricotta
- green olives
- 1 jar tomato pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Heat salted water in a pot, when the water boils, cook the lasagna sheets for 2 minutes, one at a time.
- 3This step will allow the pasta to be softer and easier to handle and roll.
- 4Cut the eggplants into thin slices lengthwise.
- 5Arrange in a baking dish, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with a little rosemary.
- 6Bake the eggplants for 10 minutes.
- 7In a saucepan, melt the butter, and then add the flour.
- 8Stir to form a paste.
- 9Add 1/2 the milk and stir until the sauce thickens.
- 10Add the remaining milk and continue stirring.
- 11Add 30 grams of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 12Season with salt and pepper. The sauce should not be too liquid.
- 13Spread the lasagna sheets on the work surface (rectangular shape the length of your baking dish).
- 14Spread the 1/2 of the Parmesan sauce on the lasagna, leaving 3 centimeters empty on each side to be able to roll.
- 15Arrange 1/2 of the eggplant on top of the sauce, and brush with 1/2 of the dried tomato tapenade.
- 16Cover with 1/2 of the ricotta, olives, pine nuts, and basil.
- 17Season with salt and pepper.
- 18Gently roll up lengthwise for a long thin roll of dough.
- 19Place the roll in the baking dish.
- 20Repeat the process for the second roll and place it in the dish next to the first one.
- 21Place 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce on top of each roll, and top with the remaining parmesan sauce.
- 22Bake for 40 minutes, if the rolls brown to quickly, cover with aluminum foil.