Vegetarians rejoice because this recipe for Vegetarian Paella is for you! Others, of course, are welcome to make it as well. Loaded with vegetables, this vegetarian paella retains all the aspects of the classic Spanish rice dish. The vegetable roll…
call for this dish includes fresh leeks, broccoli, red peppers, asparagus, corn, carrots, tomatoes, and zucchini. This Vegetarian Paella will insure that you get your daily dose of vegetables in a creamy rice stir fry that will have you reaching for another spoonful.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 leek (finely sliced)
- 1 bunch broccoli (cut into small sprigs)
- 1/2 red pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 courgette (cut into rings)
- 1/2 lemon (cut into slices, with peel)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (I used powdered)
- 1 bunch parsley
- 200 grams rice (paella Middle)
- 1 1/4 vegetable broth (lt, approximately)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Heat the frying pan for paella (large, deep and wide) and add half the oil.
- Add the onion, leek and fry until it begins to wilt. Add the chopped garlic, peppers, carrots and zucchini until everything gets a little bit of color.
- Season with salt and when everything is well sauteed, add the rice and let it fry a bit.