Just because you don't eat meat doesn't mean you can't enjoy the taste and texture of a good Hamburger. This Vegetarian Hamburger recipe is not only delicious but packed with flavor without consuming the meat we don't love to eat. Try out this Veget…
rian Hamburgers recipe and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can even give this Vegetarian Hamburgers recipe a star rating for other to watch out for.
- 2 cups black beans (cooked)
- 10 whole wheat crackers (unsalted, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 epazote (leaves, or savory or parsley)
- 1/3 cup coriander (coarsely chopped)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (powdered)
- 1 chipotle chili (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- cooking spray
- 3 hamburger buns
- jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Place half of the beans (1 cup) in a food processor. Add the crackers, garlic powder, epazote leaves, coriander, green onion, cumin, chipotle pepper, and mayonnaise. Puree to obtain a paste. Add more crackers if the paste is too moist.
- Pour into a bowl and add the rest of the beans. Mix well. Using a spoon, create the hamburger patties.
- Spray cooking oil on a hot saucepan.
- Cook the hamburger patties for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve as a hamburger. Accompany with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and jalapeno peppers.
|Calories390Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.