Just because you don't eat meat doesn't mean you can't enjoy the taste and texture of a good Hamburger. This Vegetarian Hamburger recipe is not only delicious but packed with flavor without consuming the meat we don't love to eat. Try out this Vegetarian Hamburgers recipe and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can even give this Vegetarian Hamburgers recipe a star rating for other to watch out for.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (finely chopped)
- 12 mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 1/2 cups lentils (cooked)
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup rice (whole wheat, cooked)
- bread (whichever kind you like, approximately 12 slices)
- 1 sliced tomato
- jalapeno peppers
- Pour the olive oil into a large pan and cook the onion and carrots over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and all of the spices including the salt and pepper. Cook everything for 3–4 minutes or until all of the liquids have evaporated.
- Blend the lentils and the egg white in a blender or food processor until a paste is formed.
- Pour the rice into the frying pan and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place all the ingredients in the pan into a separate bowl.
- Place the lentil paste into the bowl and mix everything together.
- Spray another frying pan with cooking spray or oil and let it heat up over medium flame.
- Begin making medium sized patties with this mixture; once the patties are prepared place them in the frying pan and cook them for 8 minutes on each side.
- Once the patties are cooked place them on the slices of bread and top them off with the remaining ingredients.
|Calories400Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.