Vegetarian Enchiladas in Green Mole SauceMADELEINE COCINA
Enchiladas are a hearty dish any day of the week. This recipe for Vegetarian Enchiladas in a Green Mole Sauce is savory and healthy. It takes about 35 minutes to prepare, so it is great for a weeknight dinner dish. Ingredients include squash or zucchini, red bell pepper, onions, tortillas, olive oil, prepared green mole paste, crumbled queso fresco cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, lime, salt, and ground black pepper.
- 4 squashes (small zucchini, cut into quarters lengthwise)
- 1 red bell pepper (quartered)
- 1 onion (medium, cut into pieces 1 cm. wide)
- 10 tortillas
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup mole paste (prepared green)
- queso fresco (may substitute feta, crumbled)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 Tbsp. onion (diced)
- 4 sprigs cilantro (minced)
- 1 lime
- salt and ground black pepper
- Grill the zucchini, onion, and pepper until cooked. Allow to cool slightly and cut into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Dissolve the mole paste into water or chicken broth and heat. Set aside.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave until softened. Place 2 teaspoons of mole onto each and fill with grilled vegetables. Fold in half and place into a skillet to brown on each side.
- Serve with more mole sauce, cheese, and salsa on the side.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories420Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes