- 300 grams yam (cubed)
- 8 centimeters sugar cane (piece, cut into 6 flat pieces)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms (soaked and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon carrot (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 75 grams wheat starch (tang mien fun)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Method:STEAM yam cubes until soft and cooked. Mash until fine while still hot. Add chilli, mushrooms, carrot, water chestnuts, spring onion and coriander leaves. Blend well. Stir in seasoning ingredients, wheat starch and baking powder. Mix well.
- Divide into six equal portions. Dust your hands lightly with wheat starch then take one portion and wrap around a sugar-cane stick. Shape well into a drumstick. (If it is sticky, dust with more wheat starch flour.) Dip drumstick into egg white and coat with combined breadcrumbs and cornflakes.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until golden. Drain on absorbent paper then serve with dipping sauce.
|Calories260Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.