- 15 beans (by Hurst: 1 cup, Soaked for couple of hours)
- lima beans
- green split peas
- red kidney beans
- cranberry beans
- pink beans
- white beans
- navy beans
- black-eye bean
- pinto beans
- onion (: 1/2 cup, finely chopped)
- tomatoes (: 2, Finely chopped)
- ginger (: 1 tsp, grated)
- olive oil (: 2 tsp)
- cilantro (/Parsley to garnish)
- mixed vegetables (Seasonal, : 1/2 cup, optional)
- seasoning (Vegetarian, Pack: 1 tsp or to taste)
- Method: Wash and soak one cup of beans in warm water for 6-8 hours (preferably over night).
- After soaking, drain the water and rinse the beans.
- Boil the beans in a pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes, till the beans are soft to be mashed with a spoon.
- In a nonstick pan, heat some olive oil and saute onions, ginger, tomatoes and veggies (if adding).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tempering and vegetarian seasoning in the boiled beans and simmer again for 10-15 mins.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro or Parsley.