Pasta is a versatile way to please the palate. It all depends on your imagination and your favorite flavors. This recipe for Vegetables with Chicken Pasta is a crowd-pleasing dish. It takes 50 minutes to prepare, so it is not a quick and easy recipe. Ingredients include short pasta, lemon, ginger, olive oil, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, onions, green bell pepper, carrots, broccoli, chicken breasts, and soy sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups short pasta
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ginger (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- red pepper flakes (as much as you prefer)
- 1/2 onion (cut into half moon slices)
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 broccoli (chopped, head)
- 2 chicken breasts (small, cut into small squares)
- soy sauce (as much as you prefer)
- Place a pot on the stove (over medium heat) and pour in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add the garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes. Cook everything for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and broccoli and add the soy sauce. Cook everything for another 5 minutes, or until the broccoli begins to soften.
- Remove the vegetables from the pot and set them aside in a bowl or container.
- Cook the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and some of the soy sauce.
- When the chicken is lightly cooked, place the vegetables back into the pot and continue cooking everything together for 3 more minutes.
- Turn off the stove and set the chicken and vegetables aside.
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions listed on its package. Strain the pasta and set it aside to cool.
- Mix the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest, ginger, salt, and pepper in a container..
- Pour this mixture onto the pasta and serve with the vegetables and chicken on a plate.