Vegetables in FiloMarmita
Here's a delectable side dish to perk up most any meal, pairing nicely with roasts or pan-seared steaks or cutlets, whether beef, chicken, pork, turkey, or veal. To make it, cauliflower is boiled along with peas and asparagus just until crisp-tender (cutting up the cauliflower into smaller pieces will facilitate cooking), then the vegetables are combined with milk and parmesan and covered with flaky sheets of filo dough for a golden brown topping.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 150 grams peas (baby, frozen)
- 4 asparagus spears
- 120 milliliters milk
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 1/2 package filo dough
- 1Coarsely chop the cauliflower. Bring to a boil the cauliflower and asparagus with a pinch of salt. Then add the peas and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and drain. Place the vegetables and milk in a glass baking dish and seaons to taste with salt, ground pepper and grated parmesan.
- 3Cover the vegetables with a sheet of filo, brush with a little olive oil. Repeat with the rest of the filo sheets. Brush the top with beaten egg and more parmesan to taste.
- 4Bake at 350ºF for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Serve with a turkey steaks.