- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 pound onions (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (quartered)
- 2 stalks celery (trimmed, chopped coarsely)
- 1/2 pound carrots (peeled and chopped coarsely)
- 1 pound parsnips (peeled and chopped coarsely)
- 1 pound sweet potato (peeled and chopped coarsely)
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock (reduced-salt)
- 14 ounces red lentils
- 1 2/3 cups boiling water
- 2 slices bread (to serve)
- yogurt (Coriander)
- 3/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander (coarsely chopped)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onions, garlic, celery, carrots, parsnips and sweet potato for about 10 mins or until the vegetables start to soften. Add the curry paste and cook until fragrant.
- Add the stock, 4 1/4 cups of water and lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 25 mins or until the vegetables and lentils are soft.
- To make the coriander yogurt, blend half the yogurt with the coriander until smooth, then stir in the remaining yogurt. Refrigerate until required.
- Blend or process the soup in batches until smooth. Return the soup to a clean pan and stir in enough boiling water to dilute it to the desired consistency and bring to a boil.
- Ladle the soup into the serving bowls and top with coriander yogurt and a little freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Serve with toasted bread.
|Calories480Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.