Vegetable and Ham TartletsHoje para Jantar
These miniature tartlets, which are basically crustless quiches in scaled down size, make wonderful hors d'ouevres for a festive brunch or cocktail party, and they are equally good warm or at room temperature (meaning you can make them ahead, always a bonus when entertaining). Though tiny, the tartlets are packed with big flavor thanks to the combination of sauteed vegetables, mozzarella, smoked ham, and herbs and spices in the egg filling.
- 1 zucchini (cubed)
- 1 leeks (sliced)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 100 grams turkey ham (smoked, sliced)
- fresh thyme
- 2 eggs
- 1 glass milk
- 1Heat a little bit of olive oil in a skillet and add the chopped garlic clove. Cook for 1 minute, then add the sliced leek. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the chopped red pepper and the cubed zucchini. Stir until the vegetables are soft, add the sliced ham and fresh thyme and season with a pinch of salt.
- 2Line the tartlet tins with parchment paper and pour the batter into each tin.
- 3Sprinkle a layer of grated cheese on top of each tartlet.
- 4Mix the eggs with the milk and mustard and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 5Pour over the grated cheese and bake it at 360°F for 30 minutes.
- 6Let it cool before removing from the tins and serve garnished with a sprig of fresh dill, as desired.