Vegetable and Chicken PitaMadeleine Cocina
Pitas are a great way to pack flavor and texture into a hand-held pocket. This Vegetable and Chicken Pita is a healthy and flavorful sandwich with 530 calories. Some ingredients include boneless skinless chicken breasts, carrots, broccoli florets, purple onion, green bell pepper, roasted red peppers, shredded mozzarella cheese and strips of yellow sliced cheese. The chicken breast is seasoned and to perfection and all ingredients are packed into the perfect whole grain pita.
- 2 whole pita bread (grain)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (medium)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrots (julienned)
- 2/3 broccoli florets
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (julienned)
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers (canned, julienned)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 slices cheese (yellow, cut into strips)
- 1Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the chicken until golden brown and cooked on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside. Cube when cooled.
- 2Heat the oil in another skillet and add the onion, broccoli, green pepper, and carrot. Cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- 3Add the chicken, red pepper, water, oregano, and paprika. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the liquids are reduced.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese and let sit for 3 minutes, until melted.
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.