Vegetable TortillaO Meu Tempero
This Spanish style omelet, which goes by the name of tortilla, is very similar to Italian frittate in that the fillings are first sauteed in the skillet before the eggs are added. Onion, leek, tomatoes, carrot, smoked turkey, peas, and fresh chives are used to make the filling here. The easiest method is to transfer the pan to the oven once the eggs are added; otherwise you can invert the tortilla onto a plate, then slice it back into the pan to cook the other side.
- 1 onions (small)
- 1/2 leeks (small, chopped, white part only)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 2 plum tomatoes (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 carrots (grated)
- 4 slices turkey ham (smoked, diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 3 extra large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup peas (cooked)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan and sauté onion and chopped leek.
- 3Add tomatoes, cook for a few minutes and add grated carrot.
- 4Dice ham and add ham and chives to pan with vegetables.
- 5Mix well. Beat eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Pour egg mixture and peas into pan with ham mixture.
- 7Bake until very firm.
- 8Invert vegetable tortilla on a plate and return to pan and cook on other side, or just brown top side.