- butter (to grease pan)
- 9 ounces green beans (halved)
- 9 ounces carrots (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 7 ounces frozen peas
- 5 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 1/4 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 1/4 pounds tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1 pinch sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease an 8 cup loaf pan with butter. Cook the beans, carrots and cauliflower in a pan of salted boiling water for 3-4 mins. Drain and refresh under cold water. Meanwhile, cook the peas in a separate pan of boiling water for 2 mins, then drain and refresh.
- Mix 2 eggs and the cream, stir in the goat cheese and season to taste. Mix the vegetables and parsley together, then transfer to the loaf pan. Pour in the egg mixture. Bake for 50-60 mins.
- Meanwhile, make a cross in the bottom of each tomato. Blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds, then remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to an ice water bath. Peel off the skins and finely dice the tomato flesh.
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and onions and sauté for 3-4 mins. Add the tomatoes, thyme and sugar and season to taste. Cover and simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Remove the loaf pan from the oven and leave to cool for at least 20 mins. Blend the sauce using an immersion blender. Turn the terrine out of the pan, slice and serve with sauce on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories240Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.