- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (large, diced)
- 350 grams brussels sprouts (halved)
- 400 grams broccoli (cut into florets)
- 200 grams carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1.5 liters vegetable stock
- 200 grams tomato purée
- 100 grams rice (wholegrain)
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté the onion. Add the brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, celery and peppers. Add the stock and tomato purée, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- In a separate pan, cook the rice in boiling salted water as per the package instructions. Drain then add to the soup. Season to taste and serve.