What better way to pack some of your favorite vegetables into a rich, creamy and hearty meal than to make this vegetable quiche. This meal — whether you want it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, a snack or dinner — combines onions, spinach, peppers, zucchini, and pumpkin, all mixed with aromatic spices and cheese into this beautiful quiche that will have everyone begging for more. When the mouthwatering smells waft from the kitchen, it will bring everyone running.
- 200 grams flour
- 1 egg
- 90 grams butter (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 20 milliliters cold water
- olive oil
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 300 grams spinach
- vegetables (Assorted baked, peppers, pumpkin, zucchini)
- 60 milliliters cream
- 200 milliliters milk
- 3 eggs
- pepper (to taste)
- thyme (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- laughing cow
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Put the flour on a work surface, make a well in the middle, and add egg, butter pieces, poppy seeds, and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients, knead, and gradually add water until dough is firm and moldable.
- Form a ball of dough, and cover entirely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a skillet with a little olive oil, add the onion and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the spinach and baked vegetables. Saute.
- In a bowl whisk the cream with the milk and eggs.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and nutmeg.
- Roll out the dough into a 3 millimeter thick circle.
- Spread the dough in a pie pan line with parchment paper. Place beans or grains on top, in order to weigh down the dough. The weight will prevent the dough from inflating while baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and remove the weights.
- Place the vegetables in the pie mold, add the cheese in pieces, and pour in whisked milk and cream.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.