Frozen filo dough, available at most supermarkets and all gourmet grocers, are the starting point for many sweet and savory pastries, such as this one. You will need to brush each sheet with butter as you go, stacking them to create an incredibly flaky base (and top) for a filling of sauteed vergetables. Don't worry if you can't fully enclose the filling before baking, as it will still be delicious.
- 2 carrots
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 leek (small)
- olive oil
- 5 peppers
- lemon juice
- 5 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grate the carrots, eggplant, zucchini, and leek in the food processor.
- Saute the vegetables in a wok with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and a few drops of lemon juice.
- In a baking dish lined with parchment paper or greased with olive oil, place 4 sheets of filo pastry, each one brushed with olive oil, add with the vegetable mixture, and cover with the last sheet of filo pastry.
- Seal it the best you can.
- Bake until the dough turns golden, about 20 minutes.