Can you believe something so delicious is only 390 calories? This Vegetable Pie recipe will melt in your mouth. Don't believe us? Try it for yourself. This is one of our favorite recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also…
give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along. We hope you love this Vegetable Pie recipe as much as we do! Happy Cooking!
- 65 grams butter (sliced into cubes)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 carrot (small, peeled and minced)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 4 tablespoons onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 cup flour
- 2/3 cup milk (warmed)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Add 1 cup flour and butter to a large bowl, and mix it using 2 knives until it has a crumb-like texture.
- Add 3 tablespoons cold water to the bowl and mix until you obtain dough.
- Place the dough into a medium pie plate, cover it with plastic film and let it sit in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the plastic wrap, place a layer of aluminum foil on the baking sheet, and place rice on top. This should work as a weight while it bakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove the sheet from the oven, dispose of the rice and aluminum foil, and bake for 10 more minutes. Let the crust cool off completely
- Grease a skillet with cooking spray, heat on medium heat, add the onions and red bell pepper, and cook until the onion looks transparent.
- Boil the broccoli, zucchini, and carrots until they soften, and strain.
- Add the broccoli, zucchini, and carrots to the skillet, mix, and turn off the stove.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to a small cooking pot, heat it at low heat until it melts.
- Add the 1/8 cup white flour to the cooking pot and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the 2/3 cup milk to the cooking pot and stir using a whisk. Once you see bubbles on the cooking pot, cook for 1 minute while stirring and turn off the stove.
- Add the egg yolk and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese to the cooking pot and stir until everything is mixed.
- Add the cheese sauce to the skillet where the vegetables are and mix them.
- Spread the vegetables into the pie crust on the baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool off completely, and serve with green salad as a side dish.
|Calories390Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.