- 1 broccoli (Large, about 250-300g)
- 250 grams penne (Vegetable)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 250 milliliters chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 200 grams prawns (shelled)
- 60 grams bacon (cut to strips)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- parmesan cheese
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces . Bring large pot of water to a boil with 1/2 tsp of salt and oil, add broccoli into it and cook for about 5 mins or place broccoli in a steamer and steam for 15 mins. Reserve some florets for garnishing.
- Place cooked broccoli and garlic in a food processor or blender. Add butter, chicken stock and puree everything until smooth.
- Pour broccoli sauce into a pot and heat up (If sauce is too thick, dilute with a little more of chicken stock). Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside for later use.
- Cook the vegetable penne according to package directions and place into serving plates.
- Season the prawns with Cajun spices. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the prawns for about 2 minutes on each sides, dish up. Put the bacon strips in the same pan and sprinkle Cajun spices on it and fry till bacon just cooked.
- Warm up the broccoli sauce and pour over vegetable penne and stir to combine.
- Place prawns and bacon on top of pasta. Garnish with reserved broccoli florets and parmesan cheese.
|Calories490Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.