- 1 large potato
- 2 cauliflower (smalls)
- 1 red capsicum (small)
- 1 onion (medium sized)
- 2 cabbage (or 5 spinach leaves)
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (parboiled)
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Boil the potato until just tender; peel and chop finely. Finely chop cauliflower capsicum and onion.
- Shred the cabbage or spinach.
- Make a creamy batter of the remaining ingredients with cold water.
- Add the vegetables and mix in evenly.
- Heat the oil.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the oil about eight at a time to fry until golden brown. Remove to a rack covered with absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with sweet mango chutney or tamarind sauce.