- 8 ounces Basic Egg Pasta Dough (cut into two pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onions (small, chopped)
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper (each, 5 ml kosher, divided)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (285 g, thawed, squeezed dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (finely, about 1/2 cup, divided)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Attach Pasta Sheet Roller to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Set adjustment knob on rollerat 1. Turn mixer to Speed 2. Feed one flattened piece of dough into rollers to knead. Fold dough in half and roll again. Repeat folding and kneading process several times, or until dough is smooth and pliable. Lightly dust pasta with flour while rolling, if needed, to aid in drying and separation. Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
- 3Move adjustment knob to setting 2. Feed dough through rollers to further flatten. Repeat steps at settings 3 and 4. Change to setting 5 and feed dough through rollers twice. Repeat with remaining dough to form two long pieces. Stop mixer. Cut each piece into thirds and trim to form six (6 x 8-inch) sheets.
- 4Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in large pot; season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and lay each sheet of pasta flat, without overlapping, on 2 lightly oiled rimmed baking sheets.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions; cook and stir 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Add mushrooms and half of the salt and pepper. Continue cooking 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated from the pan. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 6Melt butter in small saucepan on medium-high heat. Add flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring vigorously until mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Cook 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thick. Stir in spinach, nutmeg, remaining salt and pepper and half the Parmesan; remove from heat.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.