As featured at the International Association of Culinary Professionals breakfast. A great addition for a Sunday brunch or a light lunch.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ham (chopped)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms (OR button mushrooms, sliced)
- 8 ounces pepper (frozen, stir-fry)
- 1 leeks (small, rinsed and thinly sliced, white part only)
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese (Wisconsin, shredded)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup asiago (Wisonsin, shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ham, mushrooms, frozen stir-fry vegetables, and leek. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain vegetable mixture and remove from heat. Stir in Provolone cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil, and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture in skillet.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake 13-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. With a knife or spatula, loosen edge and bottom of the Frittata; invert onto serving plate. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese and cut into wedges.