- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cucumber (trimmed, diced)
- 6 1/2 ounces pineapple (diced)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (torn)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 green chili (long, bruised)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (bruised)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (peeled, cubed)
- 6 cauliflower florets (small)
- 20 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- roasted peanuts (to serve)
- cilantro leaves (fresh, to serve)
- steamed rice (to serve)
- For the cucumber salad, combine lime juice and sugar. Toss with cucumber, pineapple, 2 tbsp coconut and mint leaves. Season. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with remaining coconut.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Sauté onion for 1-2 mins, until tender. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins, until fragrant. Add chili, lime leaves and cinnamon. Add stock and bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 mins, until tender. Add cauliflower, coconut milk and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 mins, until vegetables are tender.
- Serve cucumber salad with curry. Serve with peanuts, cilantro and steamed rice.