Vegetable CouscousHoje para Jantar
Couscous deserves to be much better appreciated as an everyday alternative to orzo and other pasta shapes, and even rice and other grains, as a fast and tasty side dish for meat, poultry, and fish -- or as the centerpiece of a vegetarian meal. Here, steamed couscous is tossed together with sauteed vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, carrot, and cherry tomatoes, but really anything that's fresh and preferably in season will do).
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 carrots
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (pink, to taste)
- 1Cut all the vegetables into small cubes, and place in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2Season with salt and let the vegetables saute.
- 3Bring the water to a boil, add the couscous with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- 4Add the butter and let stand for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to loosen the couscous.
- 5Finally, add the sauteed vegetables, and stir well.
- 6Season with pink pepper and serve as a side dish with meat or fish.