Vegetable ChiliReceitas Da Felicidade!
Meat-free chili can be just as hearty and satisfying as the real deal, as demonstrated by this version that's given heft with black beans, corn, and sweet potato and heady with onion, garlic, and cumin, with a kick of heat from Tabasco sauce (add more or less as desired). It's even better the next day, when the flavors have been allowed to meld; just reheat over moderate heat, stirring once it's warm to distribute everything and to heat evenly. Serve with rice, or with cornbread or tortillas.
- 1 onions (large, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- 400 grams peeled tomatoes
- 140 grams white wine
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 80 grams carrots (chopped)
- 130 grams sweet potatoes (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 grams corn
- 500 grams black beans (cooked, drained)
- cilantro (for garnish)
- parsley (for garnish)
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large pan, and saute the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and pepper, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the cumin and the Tabasco.
- 3Then, add the tomato, and white wine. When the mixture begins to boil, add the carrot, sweet potato, and bay leaves.
- 4Boil for 2 minutes, then lower the heat and simmer for 50 minutes.
- 5In the last 20 minutes, remove the lid so the sauce thickens.
- 6Add the corn and beans, and cook for 10 more minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with cilantro and parsley, serve with rice.