- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms (stemmed and sliced)
- 1 pound potatoes (yukon, cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 13 1/2 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups curly kale (stemmed and thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
|Calories380Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jeri Lane 16 days ago
I love the broth! I’ll definitely make this again.
Bobby DeForge 23 Jan
i will definitely make this again.
Verlinda Higgins 23 Jan
Absolutely loved it👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Jess 16 Dec 2018
Delicious ! Substituted cumin for fennel seeds ! Added some corn starch to thicken .
Kim 15 Dec 2018
i was really surprised at how delicious this tasted. perfect and added to my collection!
Michael S. 14 Dec 2018
fantastic recipe! first attempt at making this and the flavors turned out so well. Specifically, i do not usually cook with fennel seeds and i found them very fragnant and flavorful in this recipe. i would highly recommend this as it was easy to do!
Tracy 12 Dec 2018
I'm really not a fan of coconut. What could be used in place of the coconut milk? I'd love to try this but I can taste even the tiniest hint of coconut in things which would destroy the taste of one of my favorite soups.
Arsine N. 12 Dec 2018
Great flavors! Would definitely make it again
Christine 11 Dec 2018
Delicious. Used half the kale the recipe called for. Husband and I both had seconds.
Theresa 7 Dec 2018
I love hearty soups in the winter and this soup delivers. The coconut milk give the soup an exotic flavor and the mushrooms and kale an earthy one. I added great northern beans for some protein and extra pepper flakes. Give this soup a try!