- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion (large, finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (smashed and minced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 bell peppers (any color, I used orange, red and yellow peppers)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (like shiitake, soaked in three cups of water for 30 minutes)
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or liquid aminos or soy sauce)
- 15 ounces red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups long grain rice
- parsley (or green onions for garnish)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
|Calories180Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
T-Dogga.k.a.SavageRufusa.k.a.Gerdoo 10 Oct 2018
n i c e yes, do it again
Kristina B. 21 Jun 2018
So delicious. Cut the recipe in half and made 4 good size servings. Although I accidentally halved the mushroom and doubled the paprika, I would recommend! Didn’t have creole seasoning so just did garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and black pepper instead. Needed an extra 5 minutes of cooking time though, to cook the rice all the way.
Anthony A. 15 May 2018
Couldn’t find dried mushrooms, and I had chicken stock so I did 2 cups chicken stock and 1 cup water before the rice went in. Worked well, I’m sure you could replace with veggie stock. Also just did chili powder some cayenne and a few other spices instead of Cajun. Also worked well. ———— Warning, this makes TON of food. I would say cut the recipe in half if you are cooking for 1.
Candace Lambert 8 May 2018
Good I added ground beef for my boyfriend and extra mushrooms for me
LaNita M. 28 Apr 2018
I definitely didn't add enough salt before the rice, but was very tasty besides that
Suzy H. 25 Apr 2018
Good. I used quiona instead of rice and cooked seperately, then added it to the rest. I also used vegan vegetable broth for the liquid.
Peggy 19 Apr 2018
Pretty good - I just felt it needed more tomatoes for more flavor so next time I’ll increase the amount.
tenay easterling 10 Apr 2018
Great Added carrots but loved the result
Eric E. 10 Apr 2018
Great! Tasty and nutritious, Really looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow!
JEANENE Samuels 8 Apr 2018
It turned out amazing