- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots (medium-sized)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 red onion (medium-sized)
- 2 cups edamame (cooked)
- 4 cups rice (cooked mixed, black and brown)
- 4 slices pineapple ring
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces tempeh (thinly sliced and cut diagonally in a triangle shape)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 nori sheet (cut into thin stripes)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (freshly grated)
- Now it’s time to grill the tempeh and pineapple. Heat a griddle until medium high and then add the slices of pineapple. Turn the heat down to medium and grill until the bottom of the pineapple rings have griddle marks. Remove the pineapple rings from the griddle and let them cool slightly. Slice the rings in half and place them on the rice next to the veggies.
- Give the griddle a quick rinse and dry thoroughly. Add olive oil to the heated griddle over medium high heat, grill the tempeh slices until both sides have brown grill marks. Take them out from the pan and set aside.
- To make the teriyaki sauce, put all the ingredients from the sauce into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Then pour it into a small saucepan and bring it to boil with medium high heat. Once the sauce starts to bubble, add the tempeh triangles and cook together for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Place the tempeh over the rice.
- Drizzle the remaining teriyaki sauce over the bowl and top with sesame seeds and nori strips. That’s it! Easy peasy!
- To prep the vegetables, attach the KitchenAid® Food Processor Attachment to the power hub of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Use the dicing disc for the red peppers, julienne disc for the carrots, and the slicing disc for the cucumber and red onions. Separate the vegetables once they are prepped.
- Divide the rice mixture in four serving bowls. Place the vegetables over the rice and sort by type.
- Heat up a griddle over medium high heat and add the pineapple rings. When the bottoms start to have grill marks, flip over carefully and grill the other side. When both sides of the pineapple slices have grill marks, remove from the griddle. Let them cool slightly before slicing them in half. Place the pineapple on the rice beside the veggies.
- Give the griddle a quick rinse and dry it with a towel. Heat the griddle with medium high heat. When the griddle is hot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the tempeh triangles. Fry both sides until they have brown griddle marks and are cooked through.
- For the teriyaki sauce
- Put all the ingredients from the sauce into a mixing bowl and whisk the sauce together. Then pour it into a small saucepan and bring it to boil on medium high heat.
- Once the sauce starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to use as a sauce. Add the tempeh triangles and cook together for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Place the tempeh over the rice.
- Drizzle the remaining teriyaki sauce over the bowls and garnish with sesame seeds and nori strips. Serve immediately.
|Calories620Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.