- 15 ounces chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 3 eggplant (small, or 1 big one)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (you can use curry paste instead)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- cooked rice (choice, I use Yasmin rice)
- spinach (or fresh coriander for serving)
Heidi L. 28 Nov 2017
It was absolutely delicious. I’m new to vegan cooking and had two long-time vegans for dinner. They loved it as much as I did. I added a little extra spice just because I love hot food, but the recipe was perfect! Thank you so much for making my transition so much easier.
Katerina Komninou 23 Oct 2017
I have replaced eggplant (sorry, but I don't like it) with mushrooms and broccoli. It was really delicious! You can make it more or less spicy by increasing or reducing the spices. You can make it even hotter! My husband has added chili powder!