- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms (stemmed, cleaned and sliced)
- 1 onion (medium, diced)
- 2 cups carrots (diced, about 3 medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 ounces seitan (finely diced)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (all-purpose works too)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup soy milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes (use more if you'd like)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 pie crust (vegan, choice, you can use store bought pie crust, one batch of my whole wheat olive oil crust, or vegan puff pastry)
|Calories560Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Monica K. 14 Dec 2018
It was great! did not add Setan, just used extra vegetables.
Carolin Cramer 23 Nov 2018
Made it for Thanksgiving! prep takes a bit but otherwise, a fairly easy recipe for a tasty outcome...
Ncf N. 29 Aug 2018
Delicious! I might back off on the white wine a bit but other than that I’d leave the recipe alone!
Yvonne L. 6 Jan 2018
Awesome!! I added a 1/2 red lentils and collards greens was really yummy!
Natasha 3 Jan 2018
It was way too thick but the flavor was good I think cooking it at the end was too long before putting it in the ice I won't make it again