- 115 grams raw cashews
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 3/4 cups chopped potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled but left whole)
- 110 grams coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 500 grams elbow macaroni
- Soak the cashews in water for about 1 hour.
- Bring two pots of water to a boil. Add the chopped vegetables and the garlic cloves in the smaller pot and cook for about 10 minutes or until they are soft. Keep about ½ cup of the cooking water and drain the rest.
- Cook the macaroni in the other pot. Drain well.
- Blend the vegetables, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper until really smooth and creamy. Add some of the cooking water little by little to reach the right consistency. Adjust the taste again and serve immediately.