- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (virgin, or unrefined)
- 1/2 yellow onion (medium, diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder (mild spice)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups butternut squash (diced)
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes (can fire-roasted)
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cups baby spinach
- roasted peanuts (chopped, for topping, optional)
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
|Calories540Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
MarvelousFoodLover 12 days ago
I used a jar of curry sauce, because I wanted too. However the concept is fantastic! I added chickpeas as she suggests and it was wonderful. I'll try again from scratch like her recipe states and comment again.
Rebecca Gregory 15 days ago
Really easy and great flavors!
Pati 15 days ago
It turned out really nice specially because I'm not a confident cook. So I definitely surprised myself. But I've put my own spin and added more chillies flakes (love spicy food), prawns, corn and sprinkled with some lemon juice after I finished. Really nice recipe!! Thanks.
Long 17 days ago
It was okay, but not spectacular. I served it with brown rice. It would have been good with some naan bread!
Kristina B. 22 days ago
This recipe was so easy and turned out great. A single butternut squash was plenty. I did add more salt when I added the spinach. Loved the peanuts on top!
suhsuhss 30 days ago
this recipe is awsome
Bob 19 Feb
Delicious!! Even my meat-eating roommate loved it
Brent Jones 19 Feb
Tasty. Next time might try adding more curry powder
Julia 13 Feb
Fantastic recipe and super easy
Kathleen O'Donnell 12 Feb
We loved it and Want to make it again
Corinne 9 Feb
super delicious and easy to make
Scottie 4 Feb
Absolutely delicious. I used vegetable broth instead of water. I added corn starch to thicken even though it would have been fine without it. I also add chickpeas.
Maggie Bartlett 3 Feb
this was great I tweaked it a little and put feta/red pepper in it was lovely and not spicy added a bit of mutton curry powder 5/5 for me
Hernandez 22 Jan
I added a can of garbanzo beans, it was excellent
Carmo Á. 21 Jan
Great! Very rich flavor!