- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sucanat (or packed dark brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups bananas (mashed very ripe)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts (chopped, almonds, walnuts or pecans)
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jennifer H. 4 Oct
I had to substitute some stuff, but it came out AMAZING. First vegan recipe, it's moist and has a very nice flavour. I substituted canola oil for coconut oil and sucanat for muscovado sugar. I also used a slightly larger pan, and the bread was perfect at 45'. Fortunately I always set timers for a while before, to check on the oven.
Candice 9 Sep
Very moist and yummy!
Anna Lawrence 29 Jul
Great recipe! Tasted delicious! The batter smelled amazing. I used almond milk instead of soy milk and it still tasted amazing.
Zoe W. 29 Jun
Really great recipe - Followed to a tee.
Tang 29 Oct 2017
i followed the steps and made it successfully! this recipe strengthens my confidence in baking so much!
Rundell 11 Apr 2017
This was delicious. Turned out perfectly. I used coconut oil and and raw sugar so it was a little sweet. Great dessert.
Carolina V. 26 Jun 2016
I have just made this vegan banana bread and it's really delicious! I used 4 table spoons of coconut oil and 4 table spoons maple sirop in stead of the sugar and added spelt flakes and dried fruits (dates, abricots and figs) plus walnuts and the result is as good as or even better than my normal banana bread! Will make this recipe definitely again!