Veal and Mashed Potatoes with PeasO Meu Tempero
Stout beer is not just for drinking; it can also be used as a cooking liquid, similar to wine, where it will impart much flavor to the dish, especially this stew, which is made with mild tasting veal. And because the alcohol is cooked off, it can be served to anyone. Cooking with the beer will also render the lean veal much more tender. Mashed potatoes mixed with peas is the suggested side dish.
- 3 shallots (diced)
- olive oil
- 800 grams veal (cubed)
- ground white pepper
- 330 milliliters dark beer
- parsley (diced)
- mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup peas (cooked)
- 1In a pan, heat olive oil and sauté shallots.
- 2Add meat to pan and brown.
- 3Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- 4Add beer.
- 5Cook over moderate heat until all the alcohol has evaporated and meat is tender.
- 6Serve hot and garnish with chopped parsley.
- 7Serve with mashed potatoes mixed with peas.