- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup corn flakes (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (finely)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 pound veal cutlets (about 3 oz each)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 medium potatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 lemon (cut into 8 wedges, to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combined the egg white and milk in a shallow bowl. Combine the crumbs, lemon peel and parsley in a separate bowl. Toss the veal in flour and shake away the excess flour. Coat the veal in the egg mixture, then in the crumbs. Place the veal, in single layer, on an oiled baking pan. Spray lightly with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 5 mins or until cooked through. Let stand for 5 mins then cut into thick strips.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the potatoes until soft. Drain. Mash the potatoes with buttermilk in a medium bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Place the stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook, uncovered, until the stock reduces by half. Blend or process until the pea mixture is almost pureed.
- Gently swirl the pea mixture into the potato mash to give a marbled effect. Divide the potato and pea mash among the plates and top with veal. Serve with lemon wedges.
|Calories560Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.