You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Veal Carpaccio with Citrus Oil, Arugula and Parmesan Chees combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 200 grams carpaccio beef
- 30 grams grated parmesan cheese (roughly)
- 1 bunch arugula
- coarse salt
- ground pink pepper
- 1 lime peel
- 1 lemon (small)
- 1 tangerine
- mild olive oil
- For the citrus oil, peel the citrus fruit, avoiding white parts, so that the pith doesn't embitter the oil.
- Place in a 20 cm (approximately 8 inches) pan and cover with olive oil.
- Heat peels and oil over very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- To serve, arrange carpaccio on a serving platter.
- Season with coarse salt and ground pink pepper and cover with arugula.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with citrus oil.