Delicate and moist vanilla cupcakes are topped with a fragrant pistachio cream cheese frosting for the perfect party treat. Pistachio paste adds a nutty and bold flavor to tart cream cheese frosting. This simple recipe is perfect for celebrating a birthday or bringing to a bakesale. White and yellow almond paste flowers make for stunning decoration on these otherwise simple little cakes.
- 150 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 190 grams flour
- 120 grams cream cheese
- 50 grams butter (soft)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pistachio paste (chopped)
- almond paste (White)
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, whisk sugar and eggs together until the mixture whitens. Then add the melted butter and vanilla. Finally add the flour gradually.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes and let cool thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, vigorously whisk the cheese with the butter. Add the icing sugar and pistachio and mix it to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Place it in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the almond paste flowers: take a small amount of almond paste, add a drop of yellow dye, and mix well. Form small balls (the same amount as the number of cupcakes you have) and set aside.
- With the rest of white almond paste, form several small balls (you'll need 4-5 for each yellow ball). To form a petal, just flatten a white ball, and pinch one of the edges. Stick 5 petals around a yellow ball to form a daisy.
- Pour the icing in a pastry bag and decorate each cupcake. Finally, add a daisy. Chill before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories870Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.