If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Vanilla and Orange French Toast is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 1 baguette (day-old)
- 0.5 liters milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 1/2 orange
- 2 eggs (depending on desired yield)
- sunflower oil
- For the milk infusion, heat milk with vanilla sugar and orange peel and bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the French toast, cut the bread into slices, each about 1 cm (approximately 1/3 inch).
- Place bread slices in a deep container and cover with milk infusion.
- Tip: Freeze bread slices for about 15 minutes to prevent breakage during frying.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan.
- Beat eggs and place in a shallow dish.
- Dip bread slices in egg and fry in hot oil.
- Drain finished French toast on paper towel and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (or drizzle with honey).