Vanilla and Danish Strawberry Parfait with Crunchy Muesli MeringueOn dine chez Nanou
Simple looking, but don’t let it fool you; this parfait is bursting with tangy, sweet, and refreshing flavors! With a vanilla base, sweet strawberries, and a frothy meringue on top, this dessert combines subtle European dessert techniques with highly sweet American favorites. Incorporating a crunchy texture elevates the overall pleasure of the dish. Providing alternating layers of savory and sweet flavors, even the pickiest children won’t be able to resist it’s scrumptiousness.
- 350 grams cream (liquid)
- 1 vanilla pods (cut in half lengthwise)
- sugar syrup (9 cl.)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 80 grams muesli (with hazelnuts or almonds)
- 100 grams strawberries
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Heat the cream in a saucepan with the vanilla pod.
- 2Remove from heat and cover.
- 3Let infuse for 30 minutes, then scrape the inside of the pod using the tip of a knife.
- 4In a saucepan, heat the syrup.
- 5Pour the egg yolks in the blender, add warm syrup. Blend until the mixture is cold and frothy.
- 6Whip the cream into chantilly.
- 7Gently add the egg mixture/syrup to the cream.
- 8Pour into flexible molds (half spheres), smooth the surface, and freeze overnight at least.
- 9Preheat oven to 125 degrees Celsius.
- 10Beat the egg whites with sugar and vinegar until stiff Add the muesli.
- 11Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 12Stick the parchment paper's 4 corners to the tray using a little bit of meringue, it'll stop the paper from rising during baking.
- 13Bake for 45 minutes.
- 14Mix strawberries, icing sugar, and lemon juice.
- 15To serve: pour a little sauce in the bottom, remove the parfaits from the mold, add 2 meringues broken into chunks, strawberry mixture, and fresh verbena leaves.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.