Vanilla pudding is pure comfort in a dish, and easy enough to make from scratch for the ultimate in taste satisfaction. If you've never tried your hand at custards, you'll find this recipe to be a breeze -- no cooking and constant stirring on the stovetop required. Instead, this pudding is made by folding beaten egg whites into a yolk-butter-flour mixture and then baking in a water bath (which helps produce a creamier consistency).
- 2 eggs
- 55 grams softened butter
- 115 grams sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond (powder)
- 80 grams self rising flour
- 280 milliliters milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolks, butter, and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract, almond powder, sifted flour, and milk. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites, and then gently fold into the previous mixture.
- Pour the batter in a greased dish and bake in a water bath for 45 minutes.